Close to twenty of us gathered today to learn more about Edible Forest Gardens. We started out with the realization that ” “The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.”
― Masanobu Fukuoka, One-Straw Revolution
We then moved on to the nitty gritty of edible forest gardens:Principles, Architecture, Succession, Social Structure, Guilds, Polycultures etc.. We ended our day studying the uses of the plants we had on hand and placing them in a Asian Pear polyculture (Chines Artichoke, Daylily, False indigo, Oregano, Fenugreek, Coreopsis, Dill, Garlic Chives). We then poured on some biologically active compost tea that we brewed all day. We had so much fun.
- Learn how to apply permaculture design
- Receive tips on living sustainablity
- Find out ways to reduce your carbon footprint
- Get special offers and discounts on courses
- Be part of an emerging solution-focused movement