Here are some pictures of our studio at the top of the hill. The studio has local wood framing with straw clay slip wall system. The posts are local black locust that we charred for extra life. The metal roof catches rainwater and will passively water our ‘Permaculture Nursery Garden’ system via drip irrigation. The view is spectacular, invoking expansiveness and beauty. There is a small pond in front to help regulate temperatures, a gray water system, and it is all off grid powered by 440 watts of solar panels. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!
Our interior walls are straw clay slip with lime plaster. Our paints were made here on site.
Here is our studio. Rainwater, solar,pond, red earthbag walls, edibles and of course a hammock.
- Learn how to apply permaculture design
- Receive tips on living sustainablity
- Find out ways to reduce your carbon footprint
- Get special offers and discounts on courses
- Be part of an emerging solution-focused movement