Yesterday was a packed day preparing for our first hard freeze. We bought a low tunnel bender from Johnnys. After we bent the frames for the low tunnels the winds started to pick up (of course!) making it harder to get the greenhouse plastic on the tunnels. We did not to use agribon floating row covers. The life of this woven material does not last more than a couple of years and not economically feasible. The main issue we had was in putting the bent pipe into our wonderfully cherty soil. At the very end of the day we got to install the plastic on the three raised beds and tucked our plants in for the night.
Feedback: Find an easier way to install the pipe.
Do this a day or two before the freeze to heat up the space.
We had a light freeze under the plastic and have more to learn.
- Learn how to apply permaculture design
- Receive tips on living sustainablity
- Find out ways to reduce your carbon footprint
- Get special offers and discounts on courses
- Be part of an emerging solution-focused movement