Spiral Ridge Permaculture
- Advanced Permaculture Design
- Animals in Permaculture
- food forest course
- Mushroom Cultivation
- Permaculture Practitioner Training
- Regenerative Earthworks
Agro-Ecosystems Series: A Permaculture Practicum for Farm & Homestead Resiliency
Earthworks – Agroforestry – Mushroom Farming
September 24-29, 2019
Join us this fall for our 5th Annual Agro-Ecosystems Series. This series is a conscious effort to provide on-the-ground training in regenerative land management and cultural repair for permaculture practitioners.
An agroecosystem is a dynamic association of crops, pastures, livestock, other flora and fauna, soils, water, and the atmosphere. It is agriculture functioning as an ecosystem in and of itself, but also with the surrounding environment. In this training, you will develop your skills and gain hands-on experience as you build a small scale regenerative farming system. You will help design and implement an integrated agro-ecosystem. This system is designed to supply the homestead with fuelwood, animal fodder, food, craft material, and more. It will include design/implementation of earthworks, soil testing and building, design and layout of multiple agroforestry systems integrated with animals and a mushroom farming course. You will be directly involved in the hands-on implementation of this system.
These courses can be taken individually, as a complete set or with mix and match savings. The more classes you take, the more you save. For descriptions of each class in the series, click the name of the class below.
This Series Includes:
Sign up below for the Agro-Ecosystems Series. To sign up for an individual course click on the individual registration pages in the right sidebar.
Take the entire Agro-Ecosystems Course Series
Save $100! Early Registration for all three classes, by June 14 $720
Save $60! Regular registration for all three classes, June 15 – September 24 $760
Mix and Match Savings
Save $40 if you take any two workshops
Spiral Ridge PDC graduates receive an additional $25 off.
Couples rates and group discounts available. Email us for more information.
Course details and instructor information can be found on the individual class pages. Click the course name links above for a description of each class. These courses include rustic camping and meals (if you are local and do not plan to camp or eat meals, we can arrange a further discount). More information on cancellation policies, accommodations, food and venue can be found on the Course FAQ’s page
How to Register
To sign up for a single workshop, go directly to that registration page (link above).
To sign up for two or more workshops, select the proper ticket below.
Be sure to show which workshops you will be attending in booking form.
Please read the directions below carefully.
- Minimum $200 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot and lock in your price for the full series or any mix and match.
- We prefer final payments be made via personal check or money order sent to the address below or we can send you a Paypal invoice for the balance if you need to put it on your credit card.
- Tuition balances can be paid via check in the mail, paypal or on arrival. If you pay your balance when you arrive for class it MUST be cash, money order or certified checks. No personal checks, when you arrive, will be accepted.
Use the form below and pay via PayPal, or by sending a check or money order to:
Spiral Ridge Permaculture
448 Walker Rd.
Summertown, TN 38483
If you have any questions at all, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn how to apply permaculture design
- Receive tips on living sustainablity
- Find out ways to reduce your carbon footprint
- Get special offers and discounts on courses
- Be part of an emerging solution-focused movement