We had a great day today starting the second phase of our homestead Edible Forest Garden. The first phase of our design was to build several small duck ponds with interconnecting swales. This fertilized water along with our movable chicken ship created a very fertile soil. Today we looked over our designs for the area made some on the ground adjustments (the map is not the territory) and we implemented the pathways. We flagged the paths, looked it over, noticed nodal patterns emerging, made some more adjustments, and then laid down cardboard over paths, added some sawdust on top and this is what we got. Next week we plant!
- Learn how to apply permaculture design
- Receive tips on living sustainablity
- Find out ways to reduce your carbon footprint
- Get special offers and discounts on courses
- Be part of an emerging solution-focused movement